Well, Here It Is :)

Just started 3D modeling A few days ago. Got up to the lesson right before the end of section 1. Thought I would get my well out there. And just have one question so far.

Eevee 2k. Render time: 1s. Notice the steps don’t have crisp shadows like the one below.

Cycles 4k. Render time: 5m40s. I noticed that the torches reddish light doesnt show here.

When I did another render using bright lights for the torches, i still couldnt get it to render. Is there a setting that I’m missing? or is this a limitation of Cycles?

1 Like

That is a very nice well. Good experimenting with varied coloured tiles and bricks.

New to 2.81a and eeve myself so I can not say for sure but ‘probably’, there is more to pick up later about making eeve look better. Cycles is always the best. just very time consuming renders in a big way once you go past very simple scenes.

Shadow are handle different in Eevee, due to slowdown render times. Eevee is more a game engine routine, fast but not that accurate in some ways. You need to activate some options in Eevee!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms