Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi there
I go by Troy and I turn 30 next week and live in the Dallas fort worth area in Texas. I have always been an avid gamer even have a little bit of competitive experience in a few games meaning I played at the highest levels.

Anyways I have always wanted to get into this field of work and now that life is somewhat stable I can hopefully finish this path and see where it takes me.

Very interested in space sims and recently creative type games like From the Depths and soon to be released Dual Universe.
Anyways hope to learn this quickly and start working on potential projects soon even if minor ones.

1 Like

Hello fellow Unrealers, my name is Jonathan and I’m a 35 yo professional game designer in the UK.

I’m here to learn more about C++ and have some experience using it with the Unreal engine, with the goal of becoming a better designer by being able to solve problems and implement features without having to run to a professional coder each time.

I have experience with C# and Unity, GML with Gamemaker, various visual scripting tools, and Python. I begun my venture into game production by making custom levels for Doom, Quake, Half-Life, etc. Ironically it’s taken me 20 years to get around to using Unreal!

1 Like

Hey there,

I’m Arman from Armenia a 17 years old Applied Mathematics and Informatics student. I’ve been into games since early childhood and now i really want to learn to create some by myself. And most probably i’m going to become a game developer in the future so this is a real challenge and a nice start for me.

Hello,

I’m still a high school student. Hopefully will go to college, still waiting on colleges to notify me. I’ve been interested in making games for a long time, and a hardcore gamer myself. I’ve gamed on a lot of platforms, and I primarily play First Person Shooters. I’ve played Third Person shooters and a few stealth games but I’d pick an FPS game over any really.

Starting C++, I’m currently taking a high school Computer Science course but Java is practically useless. I have done robotics courses in my school where they’ve used C based apps such as Arduino and RobotC and its safe to say I am sort of familiar with the whole C based programming scenario.

I’ve played around Unreal Engine a lot. Casually playing with it, but now that I feel that I can do a whole career on it I might as well do something useful. So, I decided to take this course (and have been wanting to for a long time).

Oh yeah, you can also just call me Ratchet.

Cya around.

~R

Hello everyone

I’m Jude from the Philippines and I’m a Game Dev student here. It was offered in my college school just recently so everyone (even the faculty) are still wrapping their heads around it.

We’ve tackled using Unity on few courses, and they want to introduce us to Unreal Engine, so basically I’ve just started using Unreal Engine for game development. Everything still confuses me because I am used to how Unity works, so if ever please help me with things. Thanks a lot in advance

Also if anything, I like platformer games (2D/3D sidescrolling or just pure 3D is fine but I prefer the sidescrolling) and I would love to develop one or few of those. Also those old games like Harvest Moon, Megaman, etc.

Well, that’s about it for me. See you all

Hey there! I’m really excited to start learning. I’ve grown up in a family where coding is a big thing. My Dad is a senior level software dev. I’ve grown up in Atlanta, Georgia and am currently a Junior in highschool, but am dual-enrolling at a college. My main goal is to learn to develop games with my friends, and hopefully make some money off of games someday!

Thanks!
Eden4Eternity

Oh man that’s really cool. Good luck at college!

I have just started this course and I’m already loving it. My name is Eli, I’m thirteen years old and I want to be a game developer! I live in San Diego, CA, and I’m so excited to be a part of this course!

Hi, my name is Guilherme and I’m from Brazil, I’m here to learn more about the game programming.

I have experience building web systems mostly with PHP and C++ and now I’m interesting in build video games

Hi everyone, I’m Guillermo from Mexico, like many here, I’m a gamer too, and I’m taking the course becuase I want to make a living for programming games, I just have about two years working as web programmer, but ever since I was already set to learn game programming, the course looks very exciting, I know a little of Unity but I want to learn Unreal Engine to expand the horizon.

Good luck to everyone and will be reading you around here.

Hi Everyone! I’m Phillip and I am super excited to dive into Unreal. I’ve worked all over the IT world from setting up networks and installing mainframes at IBM to troubleshooting/fixing/selling PC, POS, CCTV and even automation equipment and services. I’ve coded most of my life off and on as a hobby and about 12 months ago I decided to leave my job at IBM and take a 4-month full stack development course! Now with that and my other experience I am a Software Developer working with a company in my area on rewriting a number of enterprise level applications which has been a blast!

Hi all. I’m Kirk. I am currently a student for 3D design and animation. My classes do not offer anything about engines or C++. Just go into Maya, ZBrush and the like. I am wanting to get into the game world and looking forward to expanding my abilities and knowledge about games and how they are done. I am 32 and have spent most of my life doing physical jobs such as welding and mechanic work or security. I have spent 8 years in the US Military and looking forward to moving into a carrier that has always interested me but thought I was not able to do. I am currently living in Utah, USA but planning to move to Washington state in a few months when I am done with school. I am really excited to learn all the info this coarse has to offer.

Hello everyone,

I am a mid level ASP.NET developer and have been for about two years now. I graduated from college with a BS in Computer Science with focus on programming.

I have always been interested in game development and as an avid gamer i wanted to learn more about how unreal works as well as to add more tools to my toolbox.

I do not have much experience programming in C++ and am looking forward to using these lessons as an introduction to game development and C++ coding.

-Scorch

Hi. I am Karthik, from India.

The introductory section, went a breeze thanks to clearly provided instructions.

Looking forward for the next one.

Cheers
Karthik

Hi everyone!

I’m Celine. I’m from the Netherlands and I study Game Development. At school we mostly work with Unity and C#, but I want to add some new skills to my resume. I’m especially focused on learning C++.

I’m looking forward to the next sections!

Hi All,

I’m Peter from Canada, I would like to learn unreal engine c++ programming. I want to port my current 2D C++ game to unreal engine in 3D.

I’m looking forward to the course!

Hello! My name is Rottana Kul, and I am an Illustrator/storyteller in Kansas City, Missouri. I have always wanted to learn how to program and get into the videogame world. Originally I was just trying to do that through concept art, but I want to learn every aspect when it comes to designing videogames. If any of ya’ll want to check out my artwork you can check out mandiblemedia.com or mandiblemedia on instagram!

Super excited about the future with this course! Best of luck to everyone!

1 Like

Hello all, My name is Timotheus Schuchner, from California USA and am here to learn how to use Unreal Engine also have no background in C++ so this is all very new to me. I build WordPress sites for my home business so I am catching on pretty fast though this will be interesting. I would like to accomplish the skills needing to make small games from home or at least get close to that and meet others who have the same passion.

Hey Mandible awesome artwork I love the detail looks like we are starting course around same time would like to stay posted on your progress to help motivate myself if that is cool with you.

1 Like

Of course! I’m glad you like me artwork, and would love to keep in touch. I also have no knowledge in C++, but it seems you have some knowledge in coding if you build WordPress Sites. Unless I am totally wrong about that.

Privacy & Terms