Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

omg, he’s got a power level of over 10,000 and it’s still going up!! :joy: @David_Nuge . I’d love to test it for you sometime! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i introduce my self again:
Hi, I’m Francesco from Italy (Pistoia-Tuscany) and well. I knew about this undemy and type of course just from a commercial on yt. So, now i’m here. I’m already following an other online course to learn maya (i know something about maya not all the program) and now i wonna approach to c++ language and unreal world.

About the UE4… i have the 4.16.2 version. i think that there aren’t any problem with the course, is it?

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, my name is Enrique, I’m from Venezuela, living in Cary, NC now, (home of Epic Games :)). I founded a video games studio called Teravision Games 10 years ago, but have been totally focused on the business and strategic side of things, as well as game design and product management, but want to get closer to the technical aspects of game development, so making this course to be less of a “suit” xD Very excited to learn and hopefully be able to contribute on a more technical level at some point with wonderfully talented programmers that work in our studio.

1 Like

Hi all, my name is Linda, from South East England, UK. I did coding at college many moons ago so I’m hoping this will jump start my brain and remind me of what I used to know :slight_smile: Looks good so far.

3 Likes

Heya guys!

I’m Aaron, living in Texas, US. Had my network engineer of a significant other direct to this course when I was struggling with drab YouTube C++ videos. Just finished the first section and so far I’m loving it! I’m jumping into the second section now.Feel free to say hello. (waves) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello people

I’m Christian, out somewhere in the East Coast of USA. I’ve got a somewhat useless bachelor’s in Game Design and mostly work with board/card/tabletop stuff, but I do game jams and I’m pretty good with a pixel.

I’ve got some general experience in some smaller, fluffier game programming (I can make a mean Pico-8 cart!) but I recently got a bit of a crash course in basic C++/SDL stuff and was hoping I could use that to bump my work up the tech tree a bit.

Unreal may have been over my head five years ago, but I’ve got high hopes and I’m taking another swing at it!
Wish me luck! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hello everybody !! I’m Diego, from Lima, Peru. I was working with Unreal for some time now, but not frequently, I was also a machine language programmer using a Commodore 64 (those old days) some of you may not know that computer…some may love that computer…
So I am taking this course because I want to start programming in UE4 with C++ .

Hope to work with you all in this adventure !!!

Diego aka hamuQ.

1 Like

Hi! I’m Parker, but online, everyone calls me BoomKB. I live in eastern USA. I am a videogame fanatic and I thought this would be the best way to make my own stuff, since I always think of ways other people can improve on their games. I already have a few ideas, but I need to learn the basics first. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello!
I’m a game designer with ~2 years experience with Unity and about three months in Unreal. I have a basic understanding of C++ and some experience with C# :slight_smile:

I want to improve my Unreal skills, so I can quickly prototype game mechanics for VR with it.

1 Like

Hey everyone!
I’m Matej, from Croatia in Europe.
I have 2 years experience in Web design.
Reason I took this course is because I love challenges and always looking forward to expand my knowledge, and as a someone who likes playing videogames, figured I could familiarize more with game production industry.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m Dmitri from Colorado with little experience.

Been wanting to learn C++ and video game development for years now and get a career in the industry, ideally with a company like Robert Space Industries.

-Thanks, Dmitri

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Silvio from Brazil and I have 38 years old. I had my first contact with game developing back in 2004. For some reason I dropped my studies and only now I’m back into business again! :slight_smile:

My background is more from the artistic side than programming. Recently I studied the very basics of C++ and want to learn more.

My goal is to have a job as Level Designer. I already made some Portal 2 maps on Hammer. (You can find them through my nickname on Steam: SealSeven)

As student I want to make a mario-kart-like-theme game.

Regards, Silvio.

2 Likes

Hey all,

I’m actually a Recruiter in Ontario, Canada looking to get a better idea on what my contractors actually do. Plus I’ve always been interested in playing online games, and I actually do have some coding experience in an old game called RPG Maker 2000. But now I want to move into the big leagues and make some real games!

And if I should make my dream game (which I’ve been thinking about for the past 10 years…), and make it big, then that would be amazing too :slight_smile:

If anyone else is starting up this series, let me know. We should connect and work through it together!

2 Likes

VR Dragonball fighting game, you better make before someone else does; good idea.

Lifting story, that is dedication, writing code on a napkin; haha.

Dean,
I am also staring this course, I’m from the D/FW area so I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for idSoft; Doom, Quake, but I’ve never bee one to layout a dungeon for us all to play in.

Awesome to see someone older reaching for a dream.

Yup, I’m a Star Citizen, I have a MISC Freelancer

1 Like

yea I am starting today.

Hola all,

I’m Jim Howard. I’m a Texas native, Navy Vet; I worked in networking tactical systems and ship self defense systems, along with several other responsibilities. I have a family of 4, been out for 2 years in September and haven’t done anything but work; so I decided to take this class. I am related to the creator of the Conan the barbarian character, Robert E. Howard and recently received the newest Conan Exiles game. The end goal of this class for me is to create a mod for C:E. This is permanent link to a discord voice channel, if you don’t know what Discord is, I would give it a shot.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms