Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi Everyone,
My name is Brendan Moss I love currently in County Wexford in Ireland .
I have no previous experience with coding or game development but have always wanted to do it from an early age .
I play a large amount of video games online and have a driving passion for them. I’m 18 years of age and hoping to gain a great foundation and start to coding with C++ and understanding such a powerful engine that is unreal.
(Also this engine made some of my favorite games so Lil biased :stuck_out_tongue: )
To get in touch easily use my snapchat.
Username: brenmoss0
I’m looking forward to meeting you all and learning what makes the things I love .

Hello, there!

My name is Jacob and I am an IT (Networking/Systems) major in Cincinnati, OH. I have dabbled in Java, C, C++, C#, and Python before with experience from Computer Science courses in high school, and although I have decided against majoring in CS for my career, I am mostly starting out game development as a hobby, as I see myself a bit more comfortable with a tech job along the lines of SysAdmin and such.

I turned 19 just a few months ago and I have a great love of writing, but I feel as though the stories I wish to write are better suited for a game rather than a book or movie, so here I am!

I hope that those of us partaking in this course can make the most of it and happy gaming to all!

Hi all!

My name is Stephen and I’m a Full Stack Web Developer living in California. I got my CS degree mainly focusing on Java and C languages, and picked up Javascript, Ruby and Haskell along the way. Games have been my passion since my parents got me a Super Nintendo as a kid, and I have recently decided that I want to pursue a career as a Game Developer. Excited to get started, and I am looking forward to getting to know and possibly collaborating with some of you!

Hello,

My name is Elie and i’m a student in software engineering, i live in Lebanon and i’m looking forward to become a game developer. Add me on Epic games, my Epic Display name is Elie’Y.
Have fun coding guys.

Hello there! My name is Ricardo Bonilla just chiming in to greet (and complete a challenge). :smiley:

Nice to be learning with you all!
You can call me by my username and talk to me if you’d like.
I’m interested in putting together games that will teach adults subjects that colleges and universities currently handle. Hopefully I’ll have enough experience and background to join that industry in a few year. Best to start immediately.
-LibraryRabbit

Hello! I’m Spencer Fansler and I’m a robotics/aerospace/CAD student. I’m 22 years old and I’ve dabbled over the last several years with gamedev. I’ve messed with Java, (only briefly) C++, Lua, a bit of C# and some C. This is my first “official” gamedev class that actually touches upon coding.

I’ve been messing around with unreal for about 1 1/2 months but exclusively with the blueprints side of things.

If you look around the internet you will probably find me as either SirSpence99 or just SirSpence. …I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I started transitioning to SirSpence about 6 months ago when I realised people may think the “99” referred to my birth year.

Don’t hesitate to call me Spence if you feel like saving yourself a single keystroke.

Thanks for reading!
Spencer

Also, I noticed this question on Udemy might need to be updated a bit.

Hello,

I am Ashley and i am about to complete a bachelor of arts in Modern History and Anthropology. I’m 21 and i am currently on a two month break from university, unfortunately where i live there are very few jobs, as such i thought i would occupy myself with something i am interested in.

Hello Everyone,

I’m Mo. I’m from the United Kingdom and I want to brush up on some skills so i get get the job i want. I have a degree in Art and Media Design, but it was quite a long time since then.

Alot of people seem to have alot of experience with C++ but i dont yet, hopefully i can keep up :smiley:

Anyway, goodluck to everyone on the course,

Hello All,

My name is Liam. I have experience working in web development as a full stack developer. I am currently earning my CS degree and want to take this course to see if I have an interest in game development. I hope to learn a lot and gain an interest in making games!

Good luck to you all

Hello! My name is Luke. I am going on 8 months at my first job out of college as a software engineer for a small startup in the Denver/Boulder area. I have a decent background in C++, and use both it and C# every day at work.

I have always been a big gamer and have played around with the idea of making games in my free time. I’m happy to be taking the first steps with this course. Over the next 2-3 years, I would like to finish this course and release two games of which I am very proud. The first of these games I would like to being something mechanically simple, but polished and fun (in an attempt to not bite off more than I can chew for my first game =)).

If any of your goals hit the same beats as mine, please feel free to message me and let me know! Perhaps we can collaborate.

Looking forward to the rest of the course!

Hello! I have had a passion for video games since my first memories. 25 years old and hoping to get into game development in UE this year! I want to spend the rest of my life making video games!

Hello! I’m Neil from San Diego, CA USA. No experience at all in coding or game development or anything like this, but love video games and wanted to learn something new and challenge myself with something I know nothing about. Can’t wait to learn all this course has to offer, looking forward to it!

Justin here from the UK. Refreshing my C++ skills that haven’t seen the light of day for a good few years now. Also moving from Unity to Unreal for a current project :slight_smile:

All the best,

Justin

Hi folks,
my name is Nicola from Italy. I’m a developer (mostly I work with apps and websites, backend) but I have a fond passion for games and I’m so much interesting in learning game development. I’ve just started this course and I’m so excited to learn new stuff and to know new people here to share opinion and ideas!

Have a nice coding day!

Hi! I’m David from Medellin, Colombia . I’m a computer engineer student that loves games and cool storys, its been a while since i use c++ , but im really excited to make it throught all the course and finally create a tons of cool games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
My name is Brian. I’m a 20 year old student in the Chicago area who is working on a computer science degree. Game development has been something I’ve always wanted to try since I was little kid in the Nintendo 64 days. Hoping this course will lead me down a path I’m passionate in. :smiley: Hope everyone has a good time.

Hello everyone, I’m Damian and I’m from Argentina. I hope this course can help me to make the games that I have in my mind, of corse I want a 3D / VR MMORPG Crossplatform with 828282k Resolution, but I’m reallistic and with a couple of playable games made by my own I will be very happy.

:smiley:

My name is Pizza_Guy. I love programming. I love video games. I want to make one.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Christian. I identify as a CIS male, human-kin, omnivore, and my sexual orientation is heterosexual. My pronouns are he, him, and sometimes they (for example if you’re referring to me and my buddies). My triggers are: being punched in the face, being shot, or any other sort of physical harm dont to me for no reason. On my blog I WILL tolerate most forms of free speech, and if you try to offend or poke fun at me, I won’t hesitate to just laught it off.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms