Welcome to More Than One Way

This one was a personal one for me. As a tutor, I come across many people who are almost evangelical about a certain methodology. Remember not only are there multiple journeys but there are also multiple destinations as well.

How you create your work is up to you. Be open to advice from others and suggestions to improve your own workflow and be patient when giving feedback to others when explaining a new technique :slight_smile:

We were all beginners once.

I hope you have enjoyed the lecture. If you have any hints or tips that you have discovered about this topic please do share. Feel free to report any issues with the content if you have any!

4 Likes

I have left this post open, I would love to hear your experiences too :slight_smile:

if I may, I did experience a funny thing. I first built my pyramid base by creating a box 20 by 20 by 2,z
I then duplicated it scaled to 18 by 18 by 2,z lifted it and repeated till i got to 7mtrs.
Then I joined them all together and deleted excess vertices. Yes it looked wrong lol.
Yes It was easier after seeing the solution, my shift D habit comes from CTRL “W” in UE 2,5 when BSP editing. Learning new habits is important I guess, as well as learning new software.
My aim is to one day create a full short movie of a favorite story scene I read as a boy.

I actually set the transform from local back to global, and extruded to just the x axis for the top, then moved the top edge along the x to match the bottom edge. Since we were already working with each step of the pyramid being 1 unit, I moved the top edge of the bottom railing down 0.5 on z and over 0.5 on x

1 Like

Privacy & Terms