Weirdness!

My game starts in this window and says there an error immediately.

By sheer randomness I unclicked the pause button and the game started going.

The error log is still there though. So now I don’t know if there is an error or not.

Does anybody know how NOT to start a game paused? Or what might be doing that?

Click error message and show screen what it says

I have! It doesn’t tell me anything besides that the error is in the Quiz Canvas and the line of code that corresponds with the UI error. Which isn’t helpful because the code isn’t wrong ( I copied it exactly to be sure) it has to be something with the UI interacting with the code.

BUT once you get to the “End Screen” video where he goes over possible bugs you may encounter, all of my stuff was fixed. Maybe the version of Unity I’m using had some other things going on. I am using the more recent one than said here.

Hi Moiboi,

NullReferenceException means that a reference (“link”) to an instance is missing. Double click on the error message to see to which line in your code it is referring. If you exposed a field in the Inspector, make sure that it’s not empty.

Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime?

If the problem is solved, it would be great if you could mark a solution in your thread. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms