Weird warnings, probably not related to the task but I don't know what to do

While playing around with Sprite Shape for snow boarder, I’ve got some weird warnings.

“GetControlID at event keyUp returns a controlID different from the one in Layout event
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)”
“GetControlID at event ValidateCommand returns a controlID different from the one in Layout event
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()”
“GetControlID at event mouseMove returns a controlID different from the one in Layout event
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)”

At first I’ve ignored them, as they didn’t seem relevant to what I was doing, but then my unity crashed. I still get those warnings and I couldn’t find anything in google about that… hope someone could help me :frowning:

I don’t have any code in my project yet, just 3 sprites.

EDIT: In case it’s important: I’ve noticed them after clicking ctrl + z to change back position of one of the sprites.

Did you try to restart the editor and see if they go away? Sometimes if you reset your layout, it fixes those phantom GUI errors. Upper right corner( Layout/Reset all layouts).

Yes, I’ve reset the layout several times, as well as the editor and computer. I have it since yesterday so enough time to reset everything.

It can actually be an issue with my hardware and broken drivers. I’ve done some cleanup, we will see if it makes any difference. Sadly the warnings weren’t showing all the time so I don’t know yet if it’s fixed or if there are simply no warnings right now.

Which version of Unity do you use? Unity 2021.2 has got many problems. If nothing helps, maybe you could try to reinstall or update Unity, or install and test Unity 2021.1.

Yes, I’m using Unity 2021.2. However, the warnings seem to be gone. I will worry if they reappear. Thanks for your suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms