Weird gravity/mass/drag problems

I’m in lesson 54 where I’m making levels 1 and 2 for the rocket ship game. I feel like there’s something wrong with my gravity, or mass, or drag, or something else…but as far as I can tell all my settings are the same as the instructors.

By chance could someone help me out understanding what the issue is? I’ve shared a copy of my projects files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rhuZrDaJJQ_GAyBASfk_ZW_HmAdsCGou/view?usp=sharing

Hi Kamron,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Could you please elaborate on your problem a bit further? Since feelings are fairly subjective, it would be helpful to know what you hoped to see and what you saw instead.

1 Like

Sure, sorry about that.

My rocket does not behave as expected with the same settings as the video. It’s acting very “heavy” and seems to float longer than I’d expect it to.

Aside from the mass and drag is there any other settings I may have accidentally changed?

It’s playable as is, but I’ve made my levels a bit larger to compensate for this.

There is a strange bug in Unity which prevents the rocket from flying when it is selected in the Hierarchy. Try to select something else and click into the game window once to set Unity’s focus on the game window again.

Have you already tried to increase the thrust/speed value in the Inspector? Bear in mind that the Inspector overrides the values at the top of your code, so if you change something at the top of your code and “it doesn’t work”, that’s very likely because of the Inspector.

Did you multiply the values inside AddRelativeForce with Time.deltaTime?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms