Weird compiler behaviour

I don’t know where to start but Well for some reason that I do not know I keep getting the error cannot open source file “OpenDoor.generated.h” and OtherCompilatonError (5)
I’m using the code from the tutorial so when i click rebuild solution i keep getting that error, I made 3 different project with the exact same errors

So I made a new project copied OpenDoor.h file only and the scene from the old project but still it won’t compile and I have the following error.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error code OtherCompilationError (5) BuildingEscape C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Documents\Unreal Projects\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Error 1

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3075 The command ““C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” BuildingEscapeEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Documents\Unreal Projects\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BuildingEscape C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 37

Here’s OpenDoor.h

#pragma once

#include "Components/ActorComponent.h"
#include "OpenDoor.generated.h"

UCLASS( ClassGroup=(Custom), meta=(BlueprintSpawnableComponent) )
class BUILDINGESCAPE_API UOpenDoor : public UActorComponent
{
	GENERATED_BODY()

private:
	UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere)
	float OpenAngle = 170.0f;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere)
	ATriggerVolume *PressurePlate;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere)
	AActor *ActorThatOpens;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere);
	float doorCloseDelay = 10.0f;

float lastDoorOpenTime;
	AActor *owner;

public:	
	// Sets default values for this component's properties
	UOpenDoor();
	void OpenDoor();
	void  CloseDoor();

// Called when the game starts
	virtual void BeginPlay() override;

// Called every frame
	virtual void TickComponent( float DeltaTime, ELevelTick TickType, FActorComponentTickFunction* ThisTickFunction ) override;

};

nvm, Apparently I added semicolon after a macro by mistake and it caused all these weird errors i had all day -_-

2 Likes

Was about to tell you that exact thing lol

Good fix, and just get yourself used to that sort of garbage happening with the slightest mistake involving these macros. hahah

1 Like

Privacy & Terms