Weird collisions in trigger box and Do Once method

For some reason, the sequence only plays when I set the “Do Once” function after Casting to BP_Character. I’ve also set the static mesh collision presets to trigger, otherwise my character would hit the invisible trigger box.

Any idea why this is happening?

Hello Yotsumaru,

Can you show me your code? That will help me getting a better sense of what is going on.

Here’s the blueprint for the Triggerbox:

The static mesh itself you can actually set the collision preset to “No Collision” as it doesn’t need to collide at all. And make sure the Box is set to “OverlapAllDynamic”.

I suspect that with the two difference collision presets still having some form of collision enabled it’s causing a conflict.

Setting the static Mesh to “No Collision” works the same as "Trigger. I was just wondering why the value “Defaults” in collision presets, like shown in the video, blocks my character.
I’m assuming the Static Mesh Component in your project is somewhat different?
Also the Do Once thing seems to be a weird artifact.
Took me 2 hours to troubleshoot :persevere:

Anyway, I’m continuing with the course, thanks.

The static mesh component wouldn’t be different across projects but I also understand how both “No Collision” and “Trigger” has the same behaviour here. Though “No Coliision” has better performance.

That said, I’m glad you were able to work through the problem and can continue on with the course.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms