Wedge Assignment

Hello. Just had a quick question on the grid for the assignment. In the assignment, you asked to make it look like the photos. However, I noticed that my grid is different than the one you have. Where yours is four blocks on the Y-axis etc mine is 8 blocks. Is there a setting for the grid? My wedge is the right dimensions so it is not that important, I guess it is more of a curiosity question.
Also, maybe because I’m on the 2.9 version, when you mention unnecessary geometry, it appears that it is automatically removed because I did not have that edge.

1 Like

It’s best to show a screenshot by using the Blender main menu “Window” > “Save Screenshot”.

The grid can be changed, but by default, it is 1 meter by 1 meter by 1 meter.

The view depends on how you zoomed in or out with the mouse wheel (middle button).
It has NO influence on the model. All models can be scaled in the way you like to do.
But starting with a good/correct dimension will help to scale a diversity of objects, like humans, trees, tables.

1 Like

Thank you once again you are so helpful. I went back to take a screenshot but it appears that know it is changed to the same grid in class with the y being 4 block and x being 2. Thanks again!

1 Like

I really understand the feeling.
Because of the unknown behavior/features of Blender.
But follow the steps told in these lessons, it can’t go wrong.
Except when you miss a step, option or key press.

Again, do ask.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms