WebGL Upload Error

Hi!

I tried uploading my zip build file, but received this error instead:

transformUnityUpload:Error: No such object: simmer-io.appspot.com/unityUpload/7laC4aC8HfdslPBER3qRl42JVr73/staging/index.html at new ApiError (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/common/build/src/util.js:59:15) at Util.parseHttpRespMessage (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/common/build/src/util.js:161:41) at Util.handleResp (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/common/build/src/util.js:135:76) at Duplexify.requestStream.on.on.res (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/storage/build/src/file.js:823:31) at Duplexify.emit (events.js:198:13) at Duplexify.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:466:23) at DestroyableTransform.emit (events.js:198:13) at DestroyableTransform.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:466:23) at onResponse (/workspace/node_modules/retry-request/index.js:200:19) at PassThrough. (/workspace/node_modules/retry-request/index.js:152:11)

What in the blazes does it mean? How do I solve it?

Many thanks!

Hi May,

Did you test your game locally in your browser before you zipped and uploaded it?

Yes, it worked in my browser perfectly fine, but when I upload it, at first I get an error saying theres no index file, and then when I import the most recent index.html file, it gives me that error.

What most recent index file do you mean?

If your game runs perfectly fine locally, check if you accidentally tried to upload a subfolder instead of the main folder of your build.

When I build and run the Build folder, an index.html file pops up in another folder with the same time stamp.

The folder I’m uploading is titled Build and is the only folder I see with the same timestamp that I built and ran WebGL.

Does that Build folder contain the index.html?

No, I had to find the index.html file somewhere else.

And where did you find it? Actually, it should be inside the build folder. If it’s not there, it should be in the parent folder.

I don’t know which version of Unity you use but maybe you could try to update because, given you were looking at the correct folder, the missing index.html sounds like a bug.

It was inside the parent folder. I’m using Unity 4.0

I’m afraid we do not support such an old and outdated version of Unity. Could you update Unity to the latest stable version?

I did install their latest version…when I was referring to Unity 4.0, it was a version that was released this summer. If you go to their website, Unity (2019).4.2 is one of their most recent versions.

In that case, I misunderstood you. I started with Unity 4.5 a couple of years ago. Some students do install such versions for whatever reason. To avoid confusion, it’s better to mention the entire version number, not just a part of it. :slight_smile:

Where did you save your build? In which folder?

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Save your build on your harddrive but not inside your project folder, on your Desktop or in a cloud.
  2. Use English characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9) only for your file and folder names.
  3. Make sure that neither your firewall nor your antivirus program block Unity.
  4. In Window > Package Manager, remove all packages that you do not need, especially those which mention ads or networking.

I had first saved my build first in the Downloads folder as the video suggested, and then when that WebGL didn’t upload properly, I had saved the build in the folder with the other Unity files.

I just followed all the steps you listed, and it’s still not working.

According to your screenshots, the Build folder is inside the OneDrive > Desktop folder. The OneDrive folder is very likely managed by OneDrive. Do not save anything there because Unity needs full access rights to be able to build the game properly.

Please save the build elsewhere on C:\ and share a screenshot of the content of the build folder. The best would be to create a new empty folder and save the build inside another folder inside that new empty folder. This way, you ensure that there are no other files, and it’s easier to see the newly created files.

In your first screenshots, there aren’t only the Build folder and the index but also lots of other folders and files.

After following your instructions, this is what happened:

The Build folder as created by following the Udemy Unity video instructions looks like this:

But when I go into the parent folder, I see building Unity has also created an index.html file and TemplateData folder:

When I compressed the folder to make it a zip (with the index.html file), it still gives me this, though:

And when I didn’t compress the folder and uploaded it as is, it gives me an “object” error.

I opened the index.html file after both upload methods failed, and got this error:

I thought that was odd because according to the Udemy video, Firefox should be a supported browser. And it worked fine in the browser when I clicked build and run for the WebGL.

**Update: Somehow even after doing the exact same thing before that led to the object error, it says now I’ve correctly uploaded the game but my upload is pending. How long does it usually take for the game to stop pending?

P.S. Thank you for all your patience and help so far.

Unfortunately, I don’t know that. The processing of the upload depends on how busy the server is. Maybe you could check it now?

By the way, your last screenshot is not indicating an issue with your game. You are trying to run your game locally, and your browser does not allow that due to security restrictions. See here.

When testing something locally, I usually disable privacy.file_unique_origin in Firefox via about:config. And I enable it again when I’m done testing.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms