WebGL build only showing skybox/background

Hi guys, so I have a small error but was unable to find a solution. The game plays fine in Unity, but when I run the build and open it in my browser, all I get is a blue screen. I get the feeling I am missing something obvious. Any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Have a good day! :slight_smile:

Ed

having looked through various sites, nothing seems to be able to help. attaching camera settings for clarity. any assistance would be amazing. thank you

this is the camera settings that was used in the lecture.

Ok, i managed to get some progress. I checked my scenes, and the default scene was in the folder. I deleted it and moved the scene into the folder. this is now showing the story text, and the game operates normally, however i cannot currently see the background image that was added to the scene. I will continue to investigate and post any progress.

ok. I fixed it. i will post the solution below.

Following further investigation revealed that, as you can see from the first screenshot, the scene was not in the scenes folder. Inside was the default scene. I moved the correct scene into the folder and deleted the default. That fixed the text issue.

The image was caused by the way that I added it to the canvas. I dragged and dropped it directly into the scene, and (not sure how wrong that was?) caused problems. I deleted the image, and added it again with rightclick > ui > image. I then linked the image from the assets as normal, and fitted it to the canvas as normal.

Seemed to have fixed that issue too. So huzzah… problem solved. I hope it helps someone else in the future. :slight_smile:

Happy coding!
Ed

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms