WebGL build doesn't include a .wasm file!

Trying to upload my game to Simmer, except no matter how I configure the build settings in Unity, I end up without a wasm file (I DO get a .asm file, however).

I’m using Unity 2020 1.3f1, and have no idea what’s happening. In player settings, I did notice that I’m building based on WebGL 2.0 graphics API. I’ve searched around and can’t seem to figure this one out.

Hoping someone can help, thanks!

1 Like

Hi Takezo,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Are you getting any error messages?

Hi Nina,

No error messages but I do get a host of warnings such as:

Assets\Script\Game Objects\RobotBoss.cs(21,33): warning CS0649: Field ‘RobotBoss.shieldDispelVFX’ is never assigned to, and will always have its default value null

however these elements all seem to work fine when I run the build in my web browser. This is what I’m seeing in my build folder for the game:

1 Like

Update:

I also upgraded to the latest version of Unity and still have the same issue. I wanna highlight one additional setting in Player Settings that has given me trouble too:

In the image below where it says Auto Graphics API I had to deselect the box and remove WebGL 1.0 from the list before I could build my project.

I don’t know if that has anything to do with my lack of a wasm file, but pointing it out here as well. For completions sake heres a snapshot of my publishing settings as well:

1 Like

I finally figured it out. I had to add a custom WebGL file I found provided on the Unity forums and configure the script to find my game scenes after creating a folder in my asset folder as well. Here’s the Link to the forum here for anyone else with a similar problem:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms