Wave 1 not able to prefab

ok so i have my gameobject wave1 and i have put 3 enemy prefabs as children of it. however when i try to put the wave1 gameobject in a prefab folder it does not allow me to do it. it gives me the circle with the diagonal line going thru it everytime i try to drop the gameobject in the prefab folder. can anyone figure out why

nevermind got it fixed if anyone has a similar issue i had to remove the animation track component and the director before prefabbing it. will see how well this works after prefabbing and trying to make a timeline. results pending. however i do have another question. why is it that we have to move the enemy ships in the timeline but with the player ship we moved the rig? is it just because of the camera?

We want the player to be able to move the ship around but we want to move the ship forward using the path we create with the timeline, so we move the rig forward. The ship itself moves around ‘inside’ the rig. It’s like putting a fly inside a box. The fly can move wherever it wants inside the box, and we can move the box wherever we want to. The fly goes wherever the box goes while still going wherever it wants inside the box. With the enemies it’s different. We control all of the enemy so we don’t need a rig for the enemies, we just move them.

1 Like

ah ok thats why we are controlling the ship. if the ship moved in the time line while we controlled it it would just be a really wierd movement pattern i guess

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms