Water well in full color - Case closed

Thanks dude. You are an inspiration.

That looks so wonderful like a picture in a fairy tale or a filmstill of a fantasy film. Well done!

By the way what is a grass object? I have joined a blender class at a blender conference last summer and the instructor had used hair.

@FedPete -
“The floor is particles hair. But instead of hair you use a grass object.”

I think the confusion lies in that quote @Jada? I believe Pete meant that hair is still used, but instead of a “path”, a grass “object” is rendered.

Meaning, in the particle-hair properties under the “Render” section…
…you have to choose “Render As -> Object” and then choose an object you want to instance (e.g. “Cube” in this example). Mike covers this in the blender-landscaping lectures while blender-complete only deals with the “path” option in the Fluffy Bunny lectures (I could be wrong there tho).

2 Likes

It’s particles hair, using grass mesh objects and mesh flowers.

1 Like

Thanks Jaco, that was very helpful. :slight_smile:

OH MY, inspiring! I look forward to being this talented! I’m just starting out in 3D design and such!

1 Like

Well do not forget, I did this course in 2017.
And this project was much much later. Done with skills I’ve learned in this course and others.
I would say, don’t give up. End this course, do the challenges, show us your work.
And it will improve in the coming months!

Keep have fun, that’s the main key.

Congratulations @FedPete for your work.
I’d say congrats for your work on the community too, because you are always giving feedbacks and helping people…

1 Like

:blush: :+1:

I really like the way you included grout in the well’s bricks. It’s a small detail, but many of the wells that I’ve seen are bricks laid on angles to one another, which, while effective, isn’t as aesthetically pleasing. You have some great details in the image - nice work!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms