Warnings for non-preview lighting

@sampattuzzi I really need help here. When I build with the lighting set to anything other than preview I get the following warnings:

Performance Warning TileBackstop Large actor receives a pre-shadow and will cause an extreme performance hit unless bCastDynamicShadow is set to false.
Performance Warning TileBackstop Large actor receives a pre-shadow and will cause an extreme performance hit unless bCastDynamicShadow is set to false.
Performance Warning TileStart Large actor receives a pre-shadow and will cause an extreme performance hit unless bCastDynamicShadow is set to false.
Performance Warning TileStart Large actor receives a pre-shadow and will cause an extreme performance hit unless bCastDynamicShadow is set to false.
Info Map check complete: 0 Error(s), 8 Warning(s), took 103.811ms to complete.

I also noticed that ‘grass5’ is not present in either of these tiles. No one seems to know this warning nor how to make it go away.

Looks like it’s only a problem if those objects move: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/3438/large-actor-receives-a-pre-shadow-and-will-cause-a.html

Seeing as they don’t do that regularly we should be fine.

1 Like

Thank you Sam, it looks like I can ignore those warnings then as the tiles never move. Now I just have to figure out what to do about the victory dance they do after killing me :slight_smile: .

Wonderful addition to the game!

Privacy & Terms