Warning Your device does not match the hardware requirements of this application

I managed to get through all the build issues and loaded the app on my device (it’s a Fire 7, 7th gen, launched 2017) but then I get the error message that’s in the subject:

Warning
Your device does not match the hardware requirements of this application

The game eventually loads but the “splash screen” is a solid pinkish purple. Then game itself is all in that same pink except the background which is bluish. The game play is fine actually so it’s not any sort of processing issue.

Seems like some sort of shader issue maybe? But the game is so simple. I’m surprised there is no automatic fallback?

What do I even check? The device is running FireOS 5.7.0.0 and is (at least per specs) Android 5.1, API Level 22 compatible. My min build settings are also API level 22. I don’t really know what else to check but will mess around with a few build settings in hopes I find the right one.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, while my first tablet was a Kindle Fire (like 13 years ago, the first one, “technically” Android, but really NOT Android), I haven’t touched a Kindle since. My strong recommendation is to take this question to the Unity Forums.

Thanks Brian. I will post in the Unity forums and if I can figure out the solution I’ll post it back here.

I’ve already done a ton of googling on this one and it seems there are a bunch of official Amazon resources on how to integrate Unity projects with Amazon’s ecosystem but I can’t find anything basic on just getting started. A few folks have posted that its not supported by Unity but it does clearly seem to “work” if you know what to do.

Privacy & Terms