Warhammer Ork

I was given a graphic tablet as a gift for my birthday, and I decided that it was time to move over from the general blender course to this one. I was a bit hesitant going into this course as I knew my weak point was organic models, but honestly, this is coming along better than I expected. I am very into Warhammer so I decided that an Ork from that would be the perfect fit. (My internet is not working very well and this is the second time I am making this post, so if it is up twice ill fix that)

7 Likes

Looking great.

2 Likes

Wow this is epic

2 Likes

That’s why we all follow an online course, to get better at things and to learn. Don’t be shy, show your work as much as you can. It is better to get some feedback at the beginning of a project. Then at the end. Then it’s hard because you’ve spent a lot of time on your design journey.

Your figure looks like a bat, a vampire. With wings (long arms). Great muscles. Maybe explore that more and have fun. Show us your progress. We are all learning here, even from you!

2 Likes

Great job!! How does it feel in comparison to using a mouse? It looks like you’ve pretty much nailed the technique for using a graphics tablet in short order! Loving the stylized proportions!

3 Likes

I do think I could show my work here more but I perfer showing things once they are done, as you said though it makes it hard to get feed back at that point. For example I was working on the modular dungeon section from that other blender course and I went way off track and started to make modular space ships, I had 3 space ships made with animated engines and I had a fully animated rail gun made with a firing and reload sequence done. I had this vision in my mind of making a how animated space battle, but the scale I had in mind was way too much. In I just ended up scrapping it because I went over my head and now I am distracted by this course lol

3 Likes

I’ve been using a Wacom tablet for years (on my second one actually), and I use it instead of a mouse because I suffer from chronic CTS. Didn’t take me long to get used to it, and I’m not sure if I could ever go back to using a mouse regularly.

3 Likes

I am a pretty avid gamer and guitar player so CTS scares me a lot so you have my sympathies. I had never really considered a graphics tablet to be used as an aid for carpal tunnel, ill keep that in mind for the future

2 Likes

I didn’t get it specifically for CTS relief, it just worked out that way, and the reason I still prefer it.

I also wear wrist bands when I’m on the computer, or working out at the gym. That helps my CTS as well.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms