Warhammer Ork Fully Clothed

Fully clothing this Ork was a very fun and interesting challenge I am very glad I did it. If any other students care for a bit of a challenge I would definitely recommend trying to give your Ork more clothes than what the course recommends, makes the final product more satisfying I think. All I need to do now is give my boy a Shoota and a Choppa and he will be one happy Ork.

9 Likes

Certainly looking good.

2 Likes

This orc is looking pretty awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no idea what a Shoota or a Choppa is… I don’t think it’s the “get to the …” type.

But nice sculpt.

1 Like

I’ve not heard of a Shoota, but a Choppa, according to the Urban Dictionary, is “also referred to as Ak-47. The Ak-47 makes a distinctive noise when fired, Some say it’s a chopping noise.” That’s probably where it got the name Choppa.

1 Like

I don’t imagine an Orc would be packing “heat” like that…

1 Like

Ok I wanted that to be just like an inside nod to people who know about this stuff but I guess Ill just say it. Its really very simple, a Shoota is just an Ork gun, and a Choppa is just an Ork axe. The reason I said Shoota and Choppa was because no self-respecting Ork would ever say Gun or Axe, that’s ooman speak (ooman is just human, I don’t want more confusion). Orks in this universe have very exaggerated British accents, so it is the non-rhotic “shoota” not “shooter,” on top of that Orks are not very smart so in their minds if they say it “shoota” it must be spelt that way. For reference here are some Ork voice lines from a very good (and old) video game.

Now I believe I have successfully over-explain my inside nod to 40k lore

Tl;dr
Shoota and Choppa mean gun and axe in ork
My friend summed it up best I think “shoot-a (something to shoot with) chopp-a (something to chop with)”

2 Likes

:rofl:
I well dor mar best nort ta tarlk in thart ‘British’’ then.
Perhaps lowest possible class inner London, criminal like, largely brain dead, IQ in the negative, accent might be a better description. Perfect Orc.
Somehow I can’t see the Queen speaking in the Orc ‘British’

2 Likes

This is possibly the best description of it that I have heard lol. It is usually described as “British” with in the 40k community but I agree to see the Queen speak like that would be… interesting

1 Like

Ahhhh, OK. Not being “in the know” had me thinking I needed to look it up in a dictionary, but @Josa_Booba is correct, as an AK-47 is quite a lot of “gun” for an Orc to be carrying around.

3 Likes

For those curious here is my rendition of a Shoota and Choppa.

2 Likes

He seems like Grimgor Ironhide from Totalwar Warhammer II :smiley:

1 Like

a fellow man of culture it would seem, though I wasnt going for any Ork specifically, all orks Mildly look the same so it doesn’t surprise me you saw a resemblance

2 Likes

Classic Warhammer look.
Why have you chosen to have ‘rough’ texture, displacement, on weapons? Logically they would be normal box modelled non organic objects.

1 Like

I dont think I fully understand the question. I think what you are asking is why are they sculpted and not box modeled? correct me if I am wrong about the question. I do have them box modelled separately, but I felt that the box model of the weapons seems too, perfect. I wanted the weapon to have a sort of hand crafted look to them. Ork are not great crafts man, and I felt that they looked more rough and ready this way. If you have a better solution for how to achieve this same effect let me know.

Yes, you have it. Ok you chose that effect for a reason, perfectly valid. Just a personal view that even if crudely made they would still be the usual materials, sheet metal, etc. so bashed, scratched, but not the ‘organic’ type look.

1 Like

I see what you are saying, but I think that i will try and stick with these models until I paint them and see how they look. I still have the boxed out version of them as a separate file so if I decide that I don’t like it, I can just try again and tone back the sculpting.

Edit: it occurred to me that perhaps the picture is not doing the models much favors, I think this model is a pretty boxed out for the most part, just with smoothed edges and quite banged up maybe a second angle will help show its true shape

2 Likes

Ohhh, I’m liking these, especially the Shoota. :grinning: Of course, i’m assuming the Shoota is the gun, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

That is a wise assumption lol

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms