Warehouse Wreckage problem with movable sphere

I am again trying to do this course and make sense of it. I am stuck on making a projectile spawn and have physics applied to it so it can bounce around. I am pretty sure I have followed along correctly but when I run the simulation, every time I hit spacebar to spawn a new sphere, I see the original sphere plus one more just above it is hanging in space and not dropping. Every time I hit the space bar, I get a new error message which leads me to believe that the sphere is spawning but right inside the sphere that is above the ground and above the original BP_Projectile that I made.

This is the error message but before you jump to conclusions, I have movable highlighted in the properties of the sphere:

Mobility of /Game/StarterContent/Maps/UEDPIE_0_Minimal_Default.Minimal_Default:PersistentLevel.BP_Projectile_C_1 : StaticMeshComponent0 has to be ‘Movable’ if you’d like to AddImpulse.

I have even started fresh and every time I get to test out this section of the course, I get the same result. I am obviously missing something here.

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Did you make the static mesh movable?

Yes, I have the BP_Projectile marked as “Movable” in the Outliner under Transform.

Maybe these screenshots will help show the problem.

When I run the simulation, the 2nd ball stops just above the 1st projectile and does not move. Yes, I have physics checked (turned on). Any subsequent hits on space bar show absolutely nothing happening but I am pretty sure the projectiles are all spawning inside of the first spawned projectile.

BTW, I am using Unreal Engine 5.03.

That first screenshot is showing an instance of the projectile in your world. That is not what you are spawning. Open BP_Projectile, which is the blueprint class that you are spawning instances of.

I chose that screen shot to show that the BP_Projectile was ticked as “Movable”.

Could you show from the blueprint? What you’re showing doesn’t necessarily mean it’s movable in the blueprint.

Well, I am not quite sure where I find that in the blueprint. I am very new to all this and this is my second try at taking this course.

I have deleted the project and am starting this project over again. I really appreciate your help and hope I haven’t frustrated you too much.

Thank you.

Okay, I have started this project over again and I am at the lecture that I had problems with. This time everything worked as expected. All I can figure out is that I somehow didn’t have the static mesh for the projectile selected when I set the physics and moveable checked correctly. It was a learning experience and I am sure I will experience again and again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms