Want add my own functionality to the course, but lack ideas for procedures

I’ve just completed the Unity 2.5D Turn-Based RPG course, and I’d like to be able to add an additional skill system. Support for multiplayer skill pickups and unlocks (with simplification I could turn them into a prop that, when picked up, directly designates a character to have that skill). Use them on turn like attacks.

But I’ve tried very nearly unsuccessfully with the current architecture. If I wish to proceed with the course structure to complete this functionality, what should I do.

1 Like

I recently finish the 2.5D course as well. I was thinking of adding something like you described. I have taken the 4 RPG course series and will be adding some of that to this project. I thought I would add a simplified inventory that is shared by the whole party. I will use the Abilities section and add an action choice to the battle menu. I have not started on this yet, so I don’t have any details to share. I am currently taking some of the art courses so I can add my own sprites and scene elements. Have you taken the RPG courses?

Actually no (but I’ll start on that later), it’s just that the framework in the 2.5D course made it difficult for me to configure each character more freely with their respective elements, or the way the course was configured went beyond what I’d ever done with my regular character elements in the past.

My current idea is to also configure a full skill list like the course, and then later create a list of currently acquired skills and configure an owner field for each. It’s not done yet, but feels weird XD

Privacy & Terms