Wandering Player After Collision

I’ve reached the If Statements lecture in the “Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D” course (https://www.udemy.com/course/unitycourse2/) . My player “dodgy” works fine and all code is good from what I can tell, however I’m getting some odd behavior. When the dropper falls and Dodgy hits it, dodgy then is pulled of forced in the opposite direction with equal force and will not stop until it hits another object. This only happens with the droppers. Any ideas as to what physics settings I might be missing? Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

At the moment, we do not use any custom Physic material. This means that the Colliders and Rigidbodys use Unity’s default material with 0 friction. 0 friction means “like on ice”.

Create a new Physic Material in your assets folder. Assign that material to the ground. Increase the friction value significantly and test your game. If the behaviour improves, tweak the value until you are happy with the result.

Did this help?

See also:

1 Like

No, that doesn’t appear to be it. It must be something with my code. I’ll take another look. Thank you for the speedy reply

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms