Wall Texture Color Difference Question

I was wondering why the same texture on both walls has a slightly different hue. All normals are to the inside. I noticed the same in the video, but that was not addressed. Is that something that can be fixed? It does look like just a viewport issue, as the render looks fine.

3 Likes

Welcome to this site.
Take some time to look around and take part, support and encourage other students.

Good start. Issue is probably lighting, it will be lit later by lights inside the corridor.

1 Like

Edit: it is the lighting. I couldn’t stand it so I put a light in the corridor and turned off the environment lighting. It fixed it right up, just the way I like it.

Original response:
I noticed the same problem. It doesn’t seem to be the lighting [wrong, it was definitely the lighting]. The exact same texture looks almost identical on the two walls but only if you look at opposing sides. That is, the outside of one looks like the inside of the other (same darkness/lightness). Looking at the textures from the inside, one of them is lighter and the other is darker.

I’ll stay tuned to if this is solved in upcoming lectures. But it kinda makes me want to slow down and find out what I did wrong.

2 Likes

Looks cool.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms