VS vs VSC

Hello.

I’ve enrolled in couple of courses month ago and I just finished “Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D” course. Now the course has been updated to a newer version, which I am also planning on going through. In this new updated course Visual Studio is no longer used, now it is Visual Studio Code. What are the differences between the two and should I really switch to VSC or can I continue using Visual Studio ?

Hi @devK95,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

VSC and VS are two different script editors/IDEs. VS is much older and larger than VSC.

It does not matter which script editor you use for developing your game. If you are familiar with VS and if you like VS, feel free to continue using VS. As for me, I prefer VS over VSC when it comes to C# because I’ve been using VS for many years. I use VSC for web development only. However, if required, I could write C# code with VSC but I don’t see any reason why I force myself to use a different piece of software if I’m happy with VS.

That being said, do and use what you prefer, especially if you are not a beginner anymore.

See also:

Thank you, very much for your input @Nina.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms