VS not refactoring, need help

When I select everything within else if (currentScreen == Screen.MainMenu), vs quick actions only gives me the option to “invert.” There is no option to extract method. The same issue/question came up here (Having trouble refactoring) but was never answered. Check out their screenshots and my screenshot for a summary of the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Greg,

Welcome to our community! I’m glad you posted your thread in the correct subforum, which is “Ask”. Otherwise, I probably would have missed it. Thanks for posting a link to the other thread, which I’ve just moved to “Ask”. :slight_smile:

Regarding your problem, please watch lecture “Fixing Visual Studio Problems” (currently #4).

Did this help?

Hey Nina,

Thanks for the response! I updated everything and restarted vs, seems to be working now. For anyone else having this issue, I also found another work around if refactor doesnt come up automatically. You can select the code you want to refactor, go to edit>refactor, and then force it to refactor that way.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms