VS Code Squiggles error

Did you attach the component to the actor?

1 Like

Yeah sorry my bad!!! I forgotten that I’ve freshly unzipped the file.

Now I’ve attached it now and it works!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Dan for the support!

Apparently, the main issue is with C/C++ 1.3.0-insiders extension

Yep, it’s the Insiders version.

This Insiders version doesn’t process the preincludes in the response file the Compile Commands use.

Basically a new defines bug like 4.25 except it’s caused by VSCode.

Will you report this bug or should I?

I’ve already reported it. You can provide that additional information there.

Still no dice for me sadly. I’ve tried my best to follow the advice above which as I understand it was:

1. Uninstall the extension in VS Code and make sure it’s deleted in .vscode/extensions
  2. Delete BullCowGame-starter-kit and extract a fresh copy.
  3. Open the new BullCowGame, I get prompted to upgrade it at this point which results in it creating BullCowGame-starter-kit 4.25.
  4. The upgrade process seems to do a build in the process. I’ve tried step five both with the upgrade-generated file and a build I generated manually after removing the build file / intermediate folder and the .code-workspace project.
    5.Open VS-code and reinstall V1.2.2 of the intellisense extension.

I’ve tried a few variations of the above but still no luck sadly, if anyone could suggest where I’m going wrong or anything else to try that would be grand, otherwise I’ll give it one last shot of uninstalling everything I can and giving it a completely fresh go.

Either way, just wanted to say a big thankyou for all the help so far, I wouldn’t have known where to start!

Hey Rush,

Which UE version are you using?

Would you give a shot in UE 4.26.1, instead of using 4.25…

Unreal’s VS Code project generation is completely broken for IntelliSense from 4.25.x - 4.26.0 so that would be the reason. @boocs’ extension should help you with that in 4.25 if you don’t want to upgrade engine.

Upgraded to UE 4.26.1 and ran with Intellisense V1.2.2, works like a dream. Thanks again folks!

1 Like

After troubleshooting prior steps - I was on UE 4.25.4 and any of the fixes didn’t seem to work for me even with Intellisense v1.2.2.
Upgraded to UE 4.26.1 and am running Intellisense v1.2.2 and it is working proper now. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms