VS Code failing to locate UE5 source header files

I’m running into a stupid issue and after lots of trouble shooting I cannot find a solution on my own. I’m working in UE 5.1.
When I go to include the Unreal Math (#include “Math/UnrealMathUtility.h”) and similar header files, I get these (see attachement).
I’ve checked my .json file and I’m thinking possibly it was generated wrong on project startup, but I don’t know how to regenerate and fix it. Not to mention I tested this on a completely different project and was met with the same results. Everything compiles correctly, but it makes syntax an awful lot more difficult if I’m worried I’ll typo out a command from the Engine’s math functions.

1 Like

Did you do Tools > Refresh VS Code Project within Unreal after creating the class?

1 Like

Apologies for the late response, I got dragged on a surprise vacation by my fiance. I tried this fix and it solved my problem. Now I just have to deal with feeling like an idiot for a little while. Thank you bunches Dan!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms