VS Code Broken?

I recently messaged Ben about this, but he hasn’t responded yet, and I really want to fix this problem. I love this course, and I am willing to restart the section, but would prefer not to. Here is what I messaged Ben:

Can anyone help? I’d really appreciate it!

Just beginning Section 03, so I’m not sure if I can help… but it’s worth a shot.

Would you mind showing a screenshot of the file/folder structure of your solution (right-click the Solution ‘BuildingEscape’ node and select “Open Folder in File Explorer” to quickly locate it).

In the beginning, there was mention of certain folders being removable from the solution, and/or setting up .gitignore file for common patterns to exclude from your Git repo. I’m wondering if there were certain files removed from your solution/project folder that need to be brought back.

If things are missing (like an Intermediate folder), you could try to right-click on the BuildingEscape.uproject file from within File Explorer, and select “Generate Visual Studio project files”. That should re-generate that folder containing the .vcxproj files, and Visual Studio should then able to open your projects on the next go around.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I also thought about this, but I don’t think anything is wrong with it:

Privacy & Terms