Visual Studios Problem

I recently started the Unreal C++ course after putting together my first computer, wanting to get into industry standard coding on the well supported OS of windows (I’ve used a Mac for most of my life, not fun.). But switching to an operating system that I’m unfamiliar with has caused a number of problems, especially since I personally haven’t put a dime towards my thousand dollar computer.

Being the “tech wiz” of my family, my parents are very confused as to why I’m having problems, and they’ve gone as far as to threaten to take the computer. So now I’m sweating buckets, struggling with using my computer and I’m becoming more infuriated with each problem that I face with C++.

So, I have two problems.

1. The intellisense program isn’t working in Visual Studios. It worked for the first day, and now nothing comes up in suggesting code to me. As someone who hasn’t touched code since they introduced Scratch in elementary schools, this is a major problem.
    I’m struggling to do anything on my own, and I end up just copying whatever is shown in the lecture- Which defeats to purpose of the lecture. I’ve asked on discord, and it appears that a simple restart fixes this problem for most people, but it hasn’t worked for me. Anything online is outdated in the methods used to remedy this (It’s just a bunch of Ask.com questions from 2012-13), and no one seems to know the answer on Discord.

2. Even after copying what’s in the lecture, I tend to still have problems with the code that I’ve written, even though it might match what’s shown on the screen. And since I don’t have any active assistance while writing, it’s very hard for me to determine what’s working, and what’s not. So now I’m wondering if I’m not supposed to use the 2017 version of visual studios, or at least I’m not recommended to as a beginner. Because as far as I’m concerned-

This-

Is supposed to look like this-

Thanks!

I think it is your file it is named maincpp change to main.cpp with a dot.

You’re kidding.
God- That’s kinda stupid… No, that’s really stupid. it’s obscene how stupid that is.
Probably makes sense for some reason.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms