Visual studio says that everything is undefined

So the code is exactly the same to the one in the video but when i tried building the solution i got all kind of weird errors
it kept saying that everything in the code is undefined and also this weird error :

( slight_smile: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘BuildingEscapeEditor’ (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\user\Desktop\UnrealCourse\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BuildingEscapeEditor\Development\BuildingEscapeEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)). BuildingEscape C:\Users\user\Desktop\UnrealCourse\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1 )

also this :

( Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3075 The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” BuildingEscapeEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\user\Desktop\UnrealCourse\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BuildingEscape C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41 )

please help me i am so far into this section and i don’t want to restart all over again

If you can open your project in Unreal, compile it within the editor

i am sorry but… how do i do that ?

If you can open your project in Unreal, then pressing the compile button next to Build and Play

i did it and it says compile failed

What errors did you get? If you click “show messages” when the box pops up

i got this Error
C:/Users/user/Desktop/UnrealCourse/03_BuildingEscape/BuildingEscape/Source/BuildingEscape/OpenDoor.h(45) : Error: Unexpected ‘}’. Did you miss a semi-colon?

and this : Info Error: UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘BuildingEscapeEditor’ (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\user\Desktop\UnrealCourse\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BuildingEscapeEditor\Development\BuildingEscapeEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)).

On line 44 in OpenDoor.h did you forget a semi-colon?

i typed the semi-colon that error is gone but the other errors are still there

Recompiling in the editor?

yeah well…it says a lot of errors like this :
name followed by ‘::’ must be a class or namespace name

Could you screenshot or copy and paste the full logs?

It says
OpenDoor.cpp line 33 CLoseDoor is undefined, did you make a typo for CloseDoor?
OpenDoor.cpp line 35 Owner is undefined, use GetOwner()

I think i managed to fix some errors here is an updated screenshot

Just the CLoseDoor -> CloseDoor error now.

it’s fixed the only errors now are the errors that are in the screenshot that i sent

The one I just pointed out?

no it’s on line 53 here

Yeah, I assume your function is called CloseDoor, not CLoseDoor

1 Like

Privacy & Terms