Visual Studio is Donking me off

I can’t get it to load the screen where I would enter code/commands I’m on video 18 in Section 02… we are basically getting in to visual studio…

also, my version of visual studio community looks a bit different…

And also, when I’m trying to name the solution, I can’t use anything but letters and numbers… no underscores or forward slashes etc…

Hi Arsonist,

I can appreciate the frustration but it was the profanity that drew my attention to the post as the bot flagged it.
However now that i am here have you tried asking in the Q&A under the lecture?
The course is covered by a student instructor who would be more than happy to help.
To open the Q&A to a specific lecture you can click the Q&A or ? in the middle of the screen just above the timeline.

I would answer the question but its been well over a year or so since i touched unreal so everything will have likely changed.

If all else fails completely remove and reinstall but maybe a step was missed in the visual studio community install and unreal needed tools added. (Like i said its been a long time)

Sorry this isnt much help but i didnt want to leave this without replying first

I got it figured out… thanks.

it was visual studio that was upsetting me. but it was because I was expecting results that I wasn’t yet shown how to achieve… I watched the video a little bit further and it explained what else I needed to do… now I’m moving along nicely.

thanks for the reply and sorry for the profanity… I guess us colonials have a different standard on profanity…

1 Like

I am glad to hear that is solved and you can move though the course again :slight_smile:
No worries on the profanity we are a little tighter here on it mainly because we have some students as young as the age of 10 to my knowledge. Potentially we could have younger.

Thanks for understanding and i do hope you enjoy the course :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms