Visual Studio Code Suggestions Not Working

Hello. I am doing the Complete C# Unity Game Developer course and I am barely into it. I ran into this issue where when I type “transform.” it is supposed to give me a bunch of suggestions of things to type. I don’t actually get any of that though. I have both the C# extension and Unity Code Snippets extension. Other people seemed to fix this problem by installing the .NET Framework 4.7.1 developer pack. I have downloaded this but It didn’t seem to change anything. Is there a step I am missing?

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Did you follow the instruction on the official website? See here: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity.

If so, and if nothing fixed the problem, install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. I, too, use VS for writing C# code.

Did this help?

See also:

Thanks for the help, but I just went through it and followed along best I could. The section called “Enabling code completion (For recent versions of Unity)” didn’t work either, even though that sounds just like the issue.

What is the difference between visual studio Code and Visual studio community edition? Will switching make it hard to follow the course I am taking?

Thanks for the help!

Nevermind.

I kept doing random things until it eventually fixed itself.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms