Visual Studio Code not giving me build options

Compiling a C++ Project | GameDev.tv

I am in the “Unreal 5.0 C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games” course on the specific video: Compiling a C++ Project, link provided above. It gets to a point where it says to hit terminal at the top and then hit run build task. When he does this, a ton of options popped up for him to choose from. Mine gave me 3 options and they all just said that certain build options were turned off (or something like that). I turned them all on thinking it would fix my problem, but now I just have nothing to choose from. After fiddling with it, it now builds something incorrectly. How to I get Visual Studio Code to find the correct build options?

1 Like

@DanM

Do you have the workspace open? Could you show a screenshot of your VS Code window?

I had an issue somewhat similar, I was unable to run the build, but that was because I didn’t have the right software before using visual studio code.

Once I install the correct software, I still would not get the build drop down, it was completely blank.

I had to delete the workspace I had created because It built some weird non functional files.

I believe it’s the “source” folder, I could be wrong I’m new.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms