Visual Studio Code Impressions

I have been using VS Code for a couple years (it easily replaced Sublime as my editor of choice for my web development work). Can pretty much do anything you want if you have the extension for it! The extensions also have A LOT of quality of life downloads (especially ones that keep your code nice, neat and clean).

I’ve only heard about VS Code but never got around to using it. It does seem very quick compared to the Visual Studio IDE. It’s going to take some getting used to, but I’m looking forward to it!

Hello,
I love your course but I need help. I accidentally disabled error checking (the squiggly red underline) and don’t know how to enable it again. Can you please navigate me how to turn it on again? Thank you

Good question, VS Code’s settings can be a mine field. Do you know what setting @Mia_Jindrichova is looking for @DanM or @GavinMilroy?

Would need to see your settings.json and your c_cpp_properties.json if you have one.

When i saw the properties of the developer tools it did not show buildtools but instead it had “Community”. What should I do

Use what was there. %comspec% is the “cmd” part, the rest are the args.

I have used VSC for a couple of years already on both computers, Win 10 and Mac. It’s great for different programming languages and easy to use.

I’ve been working last year with Visual Studio Code. It works fine with platforms like GitHub or Bitbucket with a lot of extensions that allows you to pull requests and so on. Autosave after every pause at typing saved my life! Nice tool.

So far its similar to Visual Sutdio, but it seems more simple and easy to use :stuck_out_tongue:

hi , my u-tf8 does not do anything. also VS code is blue and not purple like in the video.

If you click on the cog on the bottom left, and then on themes, you can change the colour schemes or download more.

thanks

I’ve been trying out Visual Studio Code, and I really like it. By the way, I just started going through your “Complete C# Unity Developer 3D: Learn to Code Making Games”, and I really like what I see so far. Are there any parts of the course that require Visual Studio instead of Visual Studio Code?

Hmm … my opinion may have changed a little bit after updating to Unity 2019.2 …
Visual Studio Code stopped opening for me, which was very weird.
So I googled a bit, and found the following:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/vs-code-files-not-opened-from-unity.687100/

Looks like, at least for some people like me, and others on this forum, Visual Studio Code just simply stopped opening on Unity 2019.2 unless you do some extra stuff as indicated on the forum.

I’m going to use Visual Studio for now until this is resolved.

Privacy & Terms