Visual Studio Code Extensions

Hey.

Not sure what i’m doing or have done wrong here,

but seems like i can’t extract methods for example.
Whenever i click “Ctrl + .” it just gives me a not that says “no quick actions available”

I have been wondering why the suggestions are different for me when i type something too.

I am using Visual Studio Code with “C# extension by Microsoft” and “Unity Code Snippets by Kleber Silva”

Hi,

Is Visual Studio Code selected as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools)? Did you install all extensions required for developing games with Unity?

Hey,

Yes Visual Studio Code is set as my default IDE in the external tools settings.
I went and looked back the extensions and made sure i had the same ones as in the tutorial. And i do.

I used to have Visual Studio Community 2019 installed, but not anymore. Could that be causing the problem?

I don’t know. Maybe you accidentally uninstalled something that you still need. Which version of Unity do you use?

Maybe reinstalling VS Code helps. Follow this instruction, not Rick’s in the video.

Okay. Will try those instructions later today.

I thought this might have been just a simple little thing that I did. Thanks for the help

Googled and found the problem. The problem has something to do with the Omnisharp.

Was apparently caused because i had the Visual Studio Community installed before.

Thank you again for the help!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms