Visual Scripting Course - Icy Ascent - On Input System - No Actions Found

I seem to have lost the actions for my On Input System while working on the Icy Ascent visual scripting project.

I have tried restarting the computer but that did not fix it.

Hello RossA64629,

There are a couple things I would like to confirm:

1. Is the Input System still installed and enabled in the Package Manager?
  2. Is Unity.InputSystem still in the node library list when you look in the visual scripting section of your project settings? Also click on Regenerate Nodes while you’re there.

I am also getting these errors in the console:

Yes the input system is still enabled.

I regenerated the nodes. There is a yellow triangle next to the input system node.

One thing I tried this morning is replacing the input system node in my graphs (with the same node). The node does come in with the drop-down when I replace it.

That seems promising!

Did you upgrade your project to a new version of Unity recently? Also, does putting your mouse over those yellow triangle give any information?

I have only installed Unity recently. I have several install versions as I am also doing some of the Unity Learn tutorials that use older installs. I have taken a screen shot of the message when I hover my mouse over the yellow triangle.

Ok, you mentioned earlier that replacing the input system node gets the drop-down back. Does that allow you to use input actions?

Yes, it works if I replace the node.

Excellent! That seems to be the best course of action for now. When doing game development stuff like this can happen without warning or not much explanation why.

This is why version control services like Github or Gitlab are so useful. Cause if something goes wrong you can always go back.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms