Visibility settings issue (RE: Some areas are not teleportable)

The other thread was closed a long time ago without a resolution, so I’m reviving it here since I just ran into the same issue (thanks to other thread though, I now know about “Visibility Collision” view which is super helpful).

Large parts of central area of demo scene cannot be teleported to. It seems that the issue is specifically with the following actor “SM_COG_Demo_Theatre_Floor_Whole” not honoring settings to block the visibility channel. I’ve tried ensuring that “Collision Presets” on the actor is set to “BlockAll” and that the underlying static mesh is also set “BlockAll” for “Collision Presets”. But, it’s still not blocking the visibility channel.

I tried adding a custom collider to it, but that didn’t help at all. Is there anything particular about that mesh/actor that makes it seemingly ignore the visibility channel collision settings when it is supposed to block it. I assume I might run into the problem again in the future and feel like it would be good to know how to solve this issue.

I vaguely remember there being an issue with certain settings to do with the navmesh and it needed to be changed. In fact, it was me sharing a solution on Udemy as the WMR headsets were having issues with collision. it may not be the correct solution here but the ECC_VISIBILITY needed to be set to ECC_MAX in that case and it started working. I checked and this was the video where I identified the issue (Projecting onto the NavMesh)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms