Very Low FPS at lecture 108

Related Images

I made the map at 2041x2041 resolution, my machine should be able to handle it but. The map is rendering/playing at 40 fps on my decent PC with the tutorial open but not running, and at sub 10 fps with the tutorial running. (specs: i5 4690k, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3)

• without Udemy video running GPU is using 20ish% of available resources and resulting in 40 FPS
  • With Udemy video running, chrome is using up 15% and Unreal using up 5% GPU of resources.

CPU is goes from 45% -> 50% between the two use cases and ram is constantly around 70%. (mind you during compiles the CPU and RAM usage goes through the roof)

I think UE4 is not using my graphics card properly and idk how to fix it. I have tried looking at the performance and profiling docs on UE4, but these are a bit overwhelming for me but I’m planning on going through them.

What are your experiences with performance management, also what do you think the bottleneck could be?

Solved: Updated my Nvidia driver and restarted pc…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms