VERY lost with bezier!

My Blender Software is simply not doing what is shown in the video…

In the video it looks like this:

with all those black guiding lines…
my blender (3.1.2) does not show ANY of them, no matter if i set Resolution Preview to 1 or to 40.
in addition that black and white is almost impossible to be seen… can’t the colors be configured?

on my blender it looks like this:

the black bezier is so thin, i really took out my glasses and went like 10cm away from the screen to see anything and there are none of the black guiding lines you have in the video.
the control points/vertices are like single black pixels… how shall one select that without a microscope?
so far i really liked blender but this bezier editor is one of the worst i have ever seen.
This form of display is almost unusable for me.

if i do not press A to select all at once, it looks like this… now tell me, how shall i select a control point?
can hardly tell where they are

do you know any configuration tipps how the visibility could be increased?
thanks in advance!

1 Like

Not sure about the colors, but you can enable the bezier curve normals in the overlay menu:

You can tweak the length there as well to make them easier to see. Hope that helps!

3 Likes

It’s a good start, thank you very much!
I’d appreciate to have a color select - because it can heavily depend on what your reference material ist, whether “black” is valid choice for the color - especially in the (default) dark mode of blender. A yellowish color would be way better visible.
I hope, i never need to design a black hole with a bezier :joy:

2 Likes

Funblebear has the key aspect. Those lines are called normals, which seems odd but in effect, they represent where a point would be if in a mesh. They have, for inexplicable reasoning, been turned off by default in several versions now for a while.

Secondly, Mikey has it wrong in the lecture as far as I am concerned by not orienting the curve so those normal lines show flat to the shaping view. Only needs the curve object rotated to the right view you have as the front.

This is how it should look.
Yes the line is thin but with the normals active and the right way on, it is easier to see.

I put a simple plane in behind to aid visibility!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms