Vapour Breaker

Another block breaker game :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations on your game :partying_face::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

thanks Kevin

1 Like

You’re welcome. Can I share your game on the GameDev.tv showcase page? This means we might share your work on our socials or put it into a course trailer.

1 Like

That would be cool thankyou so much ! be aware that the game is best played using the fire fox browser as otherwise the disco lighting effect synchronization is out. I have filed a bug report to Unity over this.

I am not sure if anyone is aware but i found it’s best to use Circular/Capsule colliders to all the blocks and paddles to avoid performance issues. I also add circle colliders to the top corners to avoid ball getting stuck at the top.

1 Like

That looks dope!

1 Like

Brilliant! I enjoyed the music and the design. The obstacles in the center make it much more interesting. Very nice!

1 Like

Great game and awesome aesthetic especially. Good show!

1 Like

this is excellent! I had fun playing it. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

wow! looks great xxx jess

1 Like

This is so cool! Controls were immediately intuitive. Love the synthwave aesthetic. Did you do the music yourself? Also the sound FX blend very well with the music. Very, very nicely done. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes did all the music in Reason 12. Check out Cyber Girl did soundtracks for that as well.

1 Like

Well that’s even more impressive then! If I may ask, how did you achieve the infinite scrolling terrain effect?

1 Like

I made a 3d model of the terain in blender and used the animator in Unity using 2 road/terrains over lapping each other. One moves towards the camera then falls back in to place in the same position it started make it loop. I would need to send you a visual representation to make this explaination clearer.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms