V4.18.0 - Pawn constantly moving when it's not supposed to

It happens when I added physics on my Pawn and whenever I interact with the table I immediately move. My theory is that the table is hitting my Pawn, being that my Pawn is a ball shape, and both are set to simulate physics then it’s obvious the Pawn will move. I tried numerous things such as disabling simulate physics, increasing Pawn/Table mass, turning NoCollision, nothing to seem to work and if I do use NoCollision I would just go through everything include the table, walls, and floor.

Does anyone have a solution to help me fix this problem?

1 Like

Hello JeDeergab,

The same thing happens to me it is probably the blueprint my pawn is sliding. When I throw the static meshes. Also when I hold space down I fly…

Hello,

Don’t know if this will help, but I had a similar problem.
I fix my strange movement behavior from:
PawnBluePrint->MeshCompoment->Details->Transform->Location
The values was X:2,Y:0,Z:0
After I set the X to 0, everything was ok.
I hope this will help.

Best Regards

Atanas Yanakiev

1 Like

Thanks man, that fixed the issue. Must be from where we were warping the pawn in one of the previous videos.

Thank You I was Having same issue

Have same issue, and location are 0,0,0…
I try change other values (like imply impulse damage or simulate physics both for mesh and collider and repeat exectly what in video was, and it still doesn`t work. Please help.

4.19 - 3944462

It is solved in next videos.

I noticed this too. I noticed the “sliding” (the quotes are meaningful, because it isn’t due to sliding) occurred after running into other collision-enabled objects (in my case, some chairs).

I ejected, and noticed that my default pawn static mesh was actually rolling across the floor! I reasoned that this occurs because a) the collision mesh of the pawn is a sphere, and b) when another collidable object like a chair slides across the surface of the sphere, it applies a frictional force, transverse to the radial vector between the center of the sphere and the contact point with the chair. This force at this location and orientation applies a torque to the collision sphere, which starts the sphere rolling, and that rolling (which does not change the camera perspective, evidently?) is what causes the appearance of the “sliding.”

At least, that’s my current understanding.

Hi,

I don’t know if you guys ended up solving the problem, but I found a little workaround that pretty much solved the problem.

If you go to DefaultPawn_BP --> CollisionComponent --> Physics you can lock rotation to X and Y. That prevents the ball from rolling uncontrollably when you hit something.

[Edit] Locking the Z as well works even better

Hope this helps. Maybe there is a better solution, but that worked for me.

5 Likes

Awesome, Worked for me :+1:

Hey man!

That solved the problem for me! thanks

Thanks it’s working well for me to lock X, Y and Z axis.

I applied a value of 10 to linear and angular dampening in Collision -> Physics. Its not that noticeable in game when moving and eliminates sliding but your mileage may vary, so set the values that work best for you.

Privacy & Terms