UV Mapping - Help! Can't fix it

Hey! I have some trouble with my church gate, i tried different way to map my texture, but can’t do something good for the top :roll_eyes:

tried playing around to align approximately:
PNG

another way, not good at all:
PNG

idem:

tried to align with the side:

ajusting, but still not enough:

I don’t know how to manage this, any help, any suggestion is welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Got curious about the topic and tried to solve myself

Dude you need to rotate the UV! The only thing you didn’t try i think ahaha :smiley:

Looks like you are trying to match the lines the way it unwrapped, vertical. But the top part should be rotated so it “aligns” with the faces, and then you align with the texture.
Also to have more freedom to align the texture I had the idea to split in parts so I could align the corner face…

Look what I did:

Even then it’s not perfect… I think you’re better of having geometry for the “metal straps”.

Another Idea I had to workaround the issue…

1 Like

I tried playing with rotation, but can’t get something clean as you, i had to scale and move some islands for matching.
This is with no UV scale:

Then with scale, i play around as before to matching as much as possible, but still not enough:

I tried to make it all rectangular, it’s nicely matching but this is really a weird gate ^^

I also tried cube projection which give an OK UV mapping, but not enough:

I guess i’ll use the first one, with big metal straps… or as you said, making geometry for it!
Thank you for reply by the way ! :wink:

1 Like

Wow! So many tries!

Man… make a metal border to hide the “imperfections” and call it a day…
Make it a lot thinner than mine though, I just rushed to show you my idea

Yeah, probably the best way to workaround. I’ll do it for asset pack.
Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms