Utility package not working in latest version

I have tried using the Utility package from the lecture but the latest version of the ‘standard assets’ package produces a couple of errors. I notice that the package hasn’t been updated in years, so it’s unlikely to be updated any time soon. Does anybody have a fix for the following errors:

Error 1 - error CS0619: ‘GUITexture’ is obsolete: ‘GUITexture has been removed. Use UI.Image instead.’

Error 2 - error CS0619: ‘GUIText’ is obsolete: ‘GUIText has been removed. Use UI.Text instead.’

In the meantime I’m going to make my own waypoints by taking some info from the ‘Laser Defender’ build from the 2D game course.

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

If there are just those two errors, double click on them and edit the script manually. Replace GUITexture with UI.Image, and GUIText with UI.Text.

If that did not fix the issue(s), please restart Unity. You could either downgrade your version of Unity, or you could watch the videos on the circuit without following along in Unity. Rick is going to replace it with a Timeline animation in a later video anyway.

Which version of Unity do you use?

3 Likes

I had the same issue. I am using 2019 Unity and had to go into both scripts with compiling errors and manually put in ‘using UnityEngine.UI;’ and change the old GUI’s with just Image and Text and it solved the issue

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms