Using the scroll wheel to add additional loop cuts?

I just wanted to ask if what I am experiencing is normal? When I use the shortcut Ctrl + R to do a loop cut, I am able to add additional loop cuts using the mouse scroll wheel. However, if I choose the loop cut option on the toolbar instead, I am unable to use the scroll wheel to add loop cuts. Is this normal? Just wanted to ask because until I memorize the shortcuts by heart I have been just selecting some of the features from the toolbar. Thanks!

1 Like

No idea never use the toolbar, do you mean the T left hand one? Not even aware there is such a button.

Tested. Yes! You are right.

As I understand it the toolbar was added mainly to ease the transition away from other softwares to Blender as they work like that. It is horrible! Having to click back on select after every tool use. Stick the shortcuts. Toolbar is a real last resort use item.

1 Like

Yes, the toolbar (Which you can toggle with T) has the loop cut on it. For some reason using a loop cut from the toolbar does not allow you to add additional loops using the scroll wheel. I find this a bit odd. I will try sticking with the shortcuts, I just have a bit of trouble remembering them at times (or confusing them with Unity/Maya shortcuts) so having the toolbar there to see something visually is helpful.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms