Using Exuberant ctags with UE4

Hey guys,

I’m attempting to stick with my favourite text editor, vim, for doing C++ with UE4 by using Exuberant CTags to give me some code completion and I wanted to see if this was a worthwhile endeavour.

Has anyone ever tried setting up ctags with UE4 before?

My notes on the subject are here

I’ve had enough success to make me feel like it is worthwhile but I’m having a few issues.

• Will ctags give code completion on #include?
  • Which Source folders should I tag? I’ve tried the following - should i tag the others in the Source folder too?:
ctags -R --sort=yes --c++-kinds=+p --fields=+iaS --extra=+q --language-force=C++ -f ue4runtime "${UNREALENGINE_HOME}/Engine/Source/Runtime"
ctags -R --sort=yes --c++-kinds=+p --fields=+iaS --extra=+q --language-force=C++ -f ue4developer "${UNREALENGINE_HOME}/Engine/Source/Developer" 
  • Although I can see GetWorld() in the tags (below), I don’t seem to get any code completion with it (ie when i use GetWorld()->
AActor::GetWorld    /home/overbyte/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Actor.cpp   /^UWorld* AActor::GetWorld() const$/;"  f   class:AActor    signature:() const

Thanks in advance
;oB

is this a bit too out there?

Only thing i can tell you is, that i started using coc-clangd for completion and it works half decent. still am trying to get the kinks worked out, but i think my problems are coming from the unreal side…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms