Using building blocks

This is what I have so far. Anyone with a keen eye can tell I have a few issues still. I also have front stairs on my list. I did learn a very value lesson during this section… Location, Rotation, Scale… These 3 can be your best friend.

2 Likes

Or your worst enemy if you’re trying to use some modifiers(Array for example) and you forgot to apply the transformations!
Remember that! (had huge problems myself :stuck_out_tongue:)

“Snap tool” on the other hand is my best friend right now :smiley:
(provided the origin of the object is set to the right place…)

1 Like

It took me a minute to figure out why my snap tool wasn’t snapping right. But once I set those it worked fine. How can you tell I did not set transformations?

I don’t :smile:

It was just some advice to not make my mistake :blush:

Well thank you , because I did forget lol.

Hahah! Good thing I remembered you then!

Then here goes another thing to remember:
When you are in Edit Mode and move the vertices there, it does not affect the Origin set to the Object!
So if you move stuff in edit mode maybe you need set the origin of the object again!

This mistake made me have to realign 80% of my church…

1 Like

Oh no that is a lot. Once I got everything set in edit and then in object and rescaled… It worked like a dream. I don’t have the church in my project pack. They said they took it out recently and encourage our own project now. I was waiting for the church when I started. However, this has encouraged me to just watch the videos and do it on my own stuff. I don’t think I will ever forget how to set things up for snapping after this.

1 Like

Oh didn’t know that… maybe that explains why not everything is explained about making the church…
Actually I think that’s good because forces you to think and research…

Maybe I will stop making the church a bit and watch the rest of the videos so I understand what to do with the LODs in the end.

Hahah! Indeed! Me neither.

The church seems like it is a good project. I certainly would not start over if you were far into it. :smile:

Privacy & Terms