Using a touchpad mouse, how do I sculpt/any command that requires left key?

Is there a setting I can change to or an alternative key I can use to actually mold my object

1 Like

Did you check Blender preferences?
Where you can tweak the UI.

I am looking through it, but I am not finding anything. Is there any where specific I should look?

I would not even dream of using anything but a proper ordinary mouse. It really is worth the low cost of just getting a proper wired one, probably usb, and plugging it in.
I can not see how a trackpad could remotely be useable.

2 Likes

Although I completely agree with NP5 here, I decided to look into this a little. The consensus I found is that it’s definitely doable if you’re on a Mac because Blender actually has very good gesture support apparently (see this if that’s useful to you), but if you can’t use gestures either (ie Windows), you’re going to have a very bad time.

If you absolutely must use a touchpad for whatever reason, I would suggest either getting a Macbook (looks like gestures can emulate everything), or an external trackpad that has mouse buttons at the bottom (MMB can be emulated, but I don’t think you can emulate the mouse wheel). Neither seems very sensible to me, but that’s because I would personally find it easier to complete a road marathon in a sailboat =)

Hope you can find a solution that works for you.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms