Used the Delivery tutorial for the premise of my LD Game Jam Entry

I wanted to put what I had learned in the Unity 2D tutorials to use, and the Ludum Dare Game Jam theme was “Delivery”, so it seemed like a match made in heaven.

Created a short game where you play as a hearse driver delivering coffins around town. Expanded on the original end product of the tutorial by adding a score and health system, a timer, and “specific delivery area” mechanics to make it so the player had to deliver the coffins to the direct graveyards. Also added some random chance to make it so there was potential for the coffins to be zombified and require an additonal step:

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/53/crazy-hearse

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Rick and Gamedev.tv for this tutorial and helping me start my game dev journey. I’ve got a ways to go yet if I want to start making my own original games instead of relying on tutorials, but finishing the course really helped me complete this project and achieve a lifelong dream of mine.

Would love to make the game a bit more dynamic by figuring out how to make the coffin spawns random at the start of the game in the future, but for now I’m satisfied with the outcome of my first completed game.

1 Like

Well done on participating in Ludum Dare! And congratulations on finishing the game.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms