URP problem

Hi everyone please help me out, i’m new to Unity and currently using Unity 2021.3.25f1 (It’s shame i’m not able to upgrade it anymore)

I have a problem with Universal RP in Package Manager. After i install Universal RP, it always crash and force close my Unity Editor. But i read that it has a problem with invalid dependencies or something

Project has invalid dependencies:
com.unity.render-pipelines.universal: Package [com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.11] cannot be found

So i tried to open Packages → manifest.json in my folder. And i read the script

I believe it should have no problem with the dependencies. And i believe that it met the compatibility requirement as my Unity editor version (Requirements and compatibility | Universal RP | 14.0.10)

But i tried to change Universal RP to previous version :

And it has the same problem like before

Is there anyway to fix this ? I have already reinstall my Unity HUB and Editor but the problem is still there

And should i install Core Library RP and Visual Effect Graph ?

Thank you for your time reading this, i hope you guys have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

Is there a particular reason you can’t? Looking through Unity’s own forums, it appears that 2021 had some issues when users upgraded their projects to URP rather than starting through a template.

The best (and highly recommended) way to get a started with URP is to start with a URP Core Template within the Unity Hub when creating a new project.

When you go to create a new project, On the left hand side are the various templates you can start with. If not done so already, you may have to download the template for the URP Core

Once the template is downloaded (this is very quick), then you can create the project with the Core URP template.

Ok, as a follow on, I went ahead and created a project with the template in 2021.3.24, and indeed while the project was in the Resolving Dependencies section, it put up a window with this error:
I already know that clicking Continue would open the project in an unuseable state (so would Quit, for that matter), so I went ahead and clicked Retry. This brought me to a new dialogue:
From here, I did click Continue and after a lengthy creation process
It finally opened properly

I will note: I also followed the same creation steps using Unity2021.3.33f1, and there were no issues, it loaded up right away (and I regularly create URP projects in various versions of Unity 2022 and 2023. You may find installing Unity 2021.3.33f1 resolves the issue entirely.

Sir, thank you so much for your advise and information. You’re saving my works :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So i tried to upgrade my editor to 2021.3.33f1, and the problem i have is solved. I didn’t think that the problem i have solved by simple action :laughing:

Oh my, i wish I could have known earlier that 2021 version had some issues about URP. TBH it wasting my time trying to figuring out how to solve, although i still had fun :slight_smile:

Oh about reason i can’t upgrade version to 2023, it’s because i have a very potato PC, sir. I’m afraid i couldn’t upgrade more that’s why i’m still in 2021 version. I wish i’m able to upgrade my PC or buy new one soon. I will work hard (and play fun :laughing: )

BTW sir, thank you very much for helping me and provide me an important information. I wish you have a great day and always well, sir :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms